Accepting of the Terms and Conditions (T & C) has the same effect of signed contract. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES.
The app provided, for you to request ride, is the sole property of Agnibhu and you agree NOT to:
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices from any portion of the Services
- Reproduce, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, lease, sell, resell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit the JUU Ride services except as expressly permitted by Agnibhu
- Decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the Services except as may be permitted by applicable law
- Link to, mirror or frame any portion of the Services
- Cause or launch any programs or scripts for the purpose of scraping, indexing, surveying, or otherwise data mining any portion of the Services or unduly burdening or hindering the operation and/ or functionality of any aspect of the Services or attempt to gain unauthorized access to or impair any aspect of the Services or its related systems or networks.
- Create any similar sounding or visually similar brand(s) in the same field of business and/ or in any other field of business(es).
JUU Ride, a platform developed by Agnibhu Technologies Private Limited. JUU Ride works on the motto of One India – One eStand and is a concept initiated for the benefit of drivers, thus changes the lives of at least 5 Million families, touching lives of no less than 200 Million Indians.
JUU Ride calls You as Guest(s) and enables the Drivers who are called as Service Providers to render their service to You. JUU Ride enables Service Providers to fix the charge and also directly collect the charges for the ride from you.
JUU Ride is a single platform to fulfil all types of contract carriage requirements for an individual, be it for goods transportation or passenger transport. JUU Ride brings the benefits of digital technology to Tier3 and lower towns to improve the liveability. JUU Ride brings the same kind of convenience to smaller towns that is enjoyed by the Metro and Tier1 and 2 cities.
JUU Ride is not an aggregator or a transportation carrier and does not employ any Drivers. Guests can use the JUU Ride App to request transportation via their smartphone. Guests can choose from a variety of Services and Service Providers available in his or her location. At the end of the ride, both the Service Provider and Guest receive a copy of the fare receipt and Guest makes the Payment directly to the Service Provider.
JUU Ride believes in highest level of transparency when dealing with users of the services. This End User Agreement document provides the details of the Terms and Conditions that have to be accepted by you, the Guest, before using the JUU Ride to place a request for a service(s).
II. Definitions, Meanings and Interpretations
End User Agreement: This document listing out the Terms and Conditions for accessing/ using of our services
Terms: The Terms and Conditions listed in this End User Document.
Agnibhu: Agnibhu Technologies Private Limited referred to as ‘Agnibhu’ or ‘Company’ is the developer and provider of JUU Ride Platform including this application. Agnibhu and JUU Ride is used interchangeably in this document but refers to Agnibhu Technologies Private Limited.
JUU Ride: JUU Ride, a platform developed by Agnibhu Technologies Private Limited is NOT an aggregator but a platform enabling the Drivers whom we call as Service Providers to take their service to the Customers whom we call Guests.
Guest: Individual, that is You, who request or receive transportation (Passenger or Goods), including those who receive transportation requested by another individual. Wherever the word You is mentioned in this End User Agreement, the same should be understood for addressing the Guest.
Passenger(s): Means and includes the Guest, Guest and Individual(s) who are traveling along with Guest and/ or Individual(s) who are traveling in a vehicle booked through JUU Ride App by Guest.
Contract Carriage: “Contract Carriage” means a motor vehicle which carries a passenger or passengers or goods for hire or reward and is engaged under a contract, whether expressed/ explicit or implied, for the use of such vehicle as a whole for the carriage of passenger(s) or good(s) mentioned therein and entered into by a person with a holder of a permit in relation to such vehicle or any person authorised by him in this behalf on a fixed or an agreed rate or sum,
- on time basis, whether or not with reference to any route or distance; and/ or
- from one point to another, and in either case, without stopping to pick up or set down passenger(s)/ good(s) not included in the contract anywhere during the journey, and includes—
- a maxicab; and
- a motorcab notwithstanding the separate fares are charged for its passengers;
Motorcab: “Motorcab/ Cab” means any motor vehicle constructed or adapted to carry not more than six passengers excluding the Driver for hire or reward.
Maxicab: “Maxicab” means any motor vehicle constructed or adapted to carry more than six passengers, but not more than twelve passengers, excluding the Driver, for hire or reward.
Minibus: “Minibus” means any light motor vehicle (LMV) constructed or adapted to carry more than thirteen passengers, but not more than thirty-two passengers, excluding the Driver, for hire or reward.
Bike taxi: A motorcycle that is adopted for carrying passenger as a pillion rider.
Auto/ Auto rickshaw: An auto rickshaw is a motorized version of the pulled rickshaw or cycle rickshaw with three wheels.
SCV/ Small Commercial Vehicle: Is a Light Motor Vehicle (LMV) with gross weight of less than 3000 kilograms.
LCV/ Light Commercial Vehicle: Is a Light Motor Vehicle (LMV) with gross weight of more than 3000 kilograms and less than 7500 kilograms.
Motorcycle: “Motorcycle” means a two-wheeled motor vehicle.
Goods: Any Item(s) or material(s), defined as goods as per law, transported using the goods carriage vehicle registered with JUU Ride and booked through JUU Ride App.
Individual Service Provider: Driver, who are registered on JUU Ride to provide transportation of passengers and/ or goods, individually or through transportation companies called Agencies.
Agency: A business entity, registered on JUU Ride Platform to provide, transportation of passengers and/ or goods.
Service Providers: Individual Service Providers and Agencies collectively are referred as Service Providers. Service Providers shall and also include the person(s) who is a holder of the permit in relation to such vehicle/ carriage or a person(s) or any Agency who has/ have been authorized by holder of permit to provide the service.
Agents: Individuals or business entities that provide service to the Service Providers on behalf of JUU Ride.
Third Party Service Provider: Any business entity that has an agreement with JUU Ride to provide its service/ advertise to the users of the JUU Ride service.
Account: A relationship setup by Guests or Service Providers, by registration, with JUU Ride.
Users: Individuals, including the Guests, Service Providers and Agents, who use the JUU Ride developed mobile applications and/ or JUU Ride website.
User Content: Any content, in the form of textual, audio and/ or visual content and information, including commentary and feedback related to the Services, initiation of support requests and submission of entries for competitions and promotions, provided by the user of JUU Ride services to JUU Ride.
Promo Codes: Also called as Promo Code is an identifier for JUU Ride provided promotional scheme.
Application: The part of the platform that is installed and used on the smartphones. This is also referred to as JUU Ride App or App.
Time: All times that are shown or recorded in the platform are as per the JUU Ride Server time in IST.
Ride Period: Ride Period is the time between start of the ride and end of the ride.
Quote: The price, fixed or an agreed rate or sum, charged for the ride by the Service Providers to the Guest.
City Ride: A passenger vehicle ride within city from one point to another or between two places separated by less than 100 KM in case of cities that are sharing city border with each other or typically referred to as twin cities or metropolitan area. The ride may involve one additional pickup point specified by the Guest at the time of booking the ride.
Hourly Package: Is a ride contract where a Passenger or Goods vehicle is contracted for a time period for travel/ goods transportation between two places that are separated by less than 100 KM and may have multiple intermediate stops/ pickups.
Outstation Package: Is a ride contract where a passenger vehicle is contracted for a time period or for travel between two places that are separated by more than 100 KM distance. In case of time-based rides, there could be multiple intermediate pickup points or intermediate drop points.
Airport Package: Is a ride contract where a passenger vehicle is contracted for providing a one-way or return travel to a specified airport which is less than 80 KM away. The ride may involve one intermediate pickup and/ or one intermediate drop that is specified by customer at the time of booking the ride.
Local Goods: A contract where a goods vehicle is hired for transporting goods from one place to another place within city from one point to another or between two places separated by less than 100 KM in case of cities that are sharing city border with each other or typically referred to as twin cities or metropolitan area.
Outstation Goods: A ride contract for goods vehicle for transporting the goods between two places that are separated by more than 100 KM.
Pickup Point: The place from where the passenger will board the vehicle or goods will be loaded into the vehicle.
Drop Point/ Final Destination: The final place where the passenger will off board the vehicle, or goods will be finally offloaded from the vehicle, and contract is considered to be completed.
Intermediate Pickup Point: A place that may lie between pickup point and destination where a passenger may onboard the vehicle or goods may be loaded into the vehicle.
Intermediate Drop Point: A place that may lie between pickup point and destination where a passenger may offboard the vehicle or goods may be unloaded from the vehicle.
Inconvenience: The action(s) or no-action(s) by the Guest causing hardship to JUU Ride and Service Provider resulting in loss of revenue and/ or loss of work and/ or wastage of time and/ or embarrassment and/ or loss of reputation.
Inconvenience Charge: A varying charge or charges charged appropriating the inconvenience that caused/ happened due to the action(s) or no-action(s) by the Guest causing hardship to JUU Ride and Service Provider resulting in loss of revenue and/ or loss of work and/ or wastage of time and/ or embarrassment and/ or loss of reputation.
Complaint Ticket: Any issue raised by Service Provider or Guest as per the process explained in this agreement is called as complaint and after the same is registered will be called as Complaint Ticket and the same will also have a reference number given by JUU Ride called as Complaint Ticket Number. Also, any process that is initiated in resolving the issue (Complaint Ticket) so raised will be a part of the mediation process.
III. Contractual Relationship
Your access and use of the Services constitute your agreement to be bound by this End User Agreement, which establishes a contractual relationship between you and Agnibhu Technologies. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not access or use the JUU Ride services.
Supplemental Terms and Conditions may apply to certain JUU Ride services, such as policies for a particular event, activity or promotion, and such Supplemental Terms and Conditions will be disclosed to you in connection with the applicable JUU Ride services. Supplemental Terms and Conditions are in addition to, and shall be deemed a part of, the Terms for the purposes of the applicable JUU Ride services. Supplemental Terms and Conditions shall prevail over these Terms in the event of a conflict with respect to the applicable services.
Agnibhu Technologies may amend the Terms and Conditions related to the Services from time to time. Amendments will be effective upon Agnibhu’s posting of such updated Terms and Conditions at this location or the amended policies or Supplemental Terms and Conditions on the applicable Service. Your continued access or use of the Services after such posting constitutes your consent to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, as amended.
Agnibhu may or shall without any prior intimation or notice can immediately terminate these Terms and Conditions or any Services or full Services of JUU Ride with respect to you, or generally cease offering or deny access to the services or any portion thereof, at any time for any reason without giving any reasons.
Agnibhu may provide to a claim’s processor or an insurer any necessary information (including your contact information) as and when required and/ or if there is a complaint, dispute or conflict, which may include an accident, involving you and a Third-Party Provider (including a Service Provider) and such information or data is necessary to resolve the complaint, dispute or conflict.
By using this App, you agree and acknowledge:
- JUU Ride is not an aggregator or a transportation carrier, and does not employ Service Provider. Service Provider also understands that Guests use the JUU Ride App to request transportation via their smartphone. Guests can choose from a variety of services and Service Providers available in his or her location, who shall also share with them their quote. Once the Guest accepts the offer of one of the Service Providers, an explicit contractual obligation is built between Guest and Service Provider for the whole vehicle. At the end of the ride, the actual fare payable will be displayed on the App and Guest makes the payment directly to the Service Provider. Guest receives the invoice for the charges paid for the trip by JUU Ride on behalf of Service Provider.
- JUU Ride does not has any role in fixing the ride charge/ rates charged by the Service Provider as we are only a platform for Service Providers to render their service to you.
IV. The Services
The Services constitute a technology platform that enables users of JUU Ride mobile applications or websites provided as part of the Services (each, an “Application”) to arrange and schedule transportation and/ or logistics services.
You acknowledge that portions of the Services, currently referred to as JUU Ride, may be made available under Agnibhu’s various brands.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT JUU RIDE IS ONLY A PLATFORM AND THAT IT DOES NOT PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION OR LOGISTICS SERVICES OR FUNCTION AS A TRANSPORTATION CARRIER AND THAT ALL SUCH TRANSPORTATION OR LOGISTICS SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY INDEPENDENT SERVICE PROVIDERS WHO ARE NOT EMPLOYED BY AGNIBHU OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES.
Unless otherwise agreed by Agnibhu in a separate written agreement with you, the Services are made available solely for your personal use.
You acknowledge that only following services are provided by JUU Ride:
- Provide facility for Guest(s) to raise a ride request involving passenger and goods transportation subjected to the limitations set by JUU Ride.
- Transfer the ride request to the subscribed Service Providers of JUU Ride and are within the geofenced area set by the JUU Ride.
- To provide the information on the price quotes given by Service Providers, provider star rating, vehicle related information like make and model, estimated ride distance and estimated ride time. YOU are solely responsible for choosing the Provider, who will deliver the ride service, and at what fares/ charges/ price they will be accepting the ride.
- To set the route for the ride in case of City Ride, Airport Package, Outstation Packages having only one-way rides, Local Goods & Outstation Goods.
- To show the location of the Service Provider on the way to pick-up point. In case of Hourly Packages & Outstation Return Packages to show the location of the Service Provider on the way to pickup point from a pre-set duration before pickup time.
- To authenticate the driver through randomized facial recognition method to ensure the actual driver is the same as the one who is selected. But company cannot guarantee 100% accuracy of the same.
- To provide the ability to track the ride from the start of the ride till end of the ride.
- Sending of invoice through email on behalf of the Service Provider.
- To provide a facility for making the epayment to the Service Provider through the JUU Ride App.
V. Guest / Customer Responsibilities
Customers whom we call as Guests are responsible for the below
- You must be at least 18 years of age, or the age of legal majority in your jurisdiction (if different than 18), to obtain an Account.
- JUU Ride is not available for use by persons under the age of 18. You should not allow persons under the age of 18 to receive transportation or logistics services from JUU Ride.
- Creating or Maintaining User Account:
- In order to use the Services, you must register for and maintain an active personal User Account (“Account”).
- You agree to maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information in your Account.
Your failure to maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date Account information, may result in your inability to access and use the Services or JUU Ride’s termination of these Terms with you.
- Account Registration requires you to submit to JUU Ride certain personal information, such as:
- Your Name
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Emergency Contact Number.
- By creating Account, you agree for JUU Ride to send you informational text (SMS) messages and Emails as part of the normal business operation of your use of the Services.
- You are responsible for all activity(ies) in your Account. You agree to maintain the security and secrecy of your Account at all times.
- You should not authorize third parties to use your Account.
- You should not assign or otherwise transfer your Account to any other person or entity.
- Unless otherwise permitted by Agnibhu in writing, you may only possess one Account.
- You or person for whom you have booked the services through your account will not, in your use of the Services, cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, or property damage, whether to the Third-Party Service Provider or any other party.
- In certain instances, you may be asked to provide proof of identity to access or use the services, and you agree that you may be denied access to or use of the services if you refuse to provide proof of identity.
- The JUU Ride platform only provides the information on the price quotes given by Service Providers, providers star rating, vehicle related information like make and model, estimated ride distance and estimated ride time. You are solely responsible for choosing the Provider who will deliver the ride service and at what fares/ charges/ price they will be accepting the ride.
- JUU Ride platform works on the basis of rate card from Service Providers, the final invoice amount may vary differently based on the actual ride distance, ride time, wait time etc. You will do the required due diligence while selecting the Service Provider for the ride.
- All times provided in the JUU Ride platform is of JUU Ride server time (JUU Ride Time). The JUU Ride Time could be different from the time shown on your mobile device/ clock/ watch. Hence You or the person for whom you have booked the service be responsible to follow the JUU Ride Time.
- You are responsible for providing the pickup point and drop point that can be reached by the type of vehicle from which you are expecting service. In those cases, the Service Provider may not be able to reach the pickup point or destination, but you are liable to pay the charges that are due.
E.g., A Cab may not be allowed inside a factory or software technology park, a Cab may not be able to come to a road that may be closed for some road works etc.
- When you use JUU Ride services there may be instances where the Service Provider may have to reach you on your mobile number. You agree to receive calls from the Service Providers in relation to the service requested.
- You are expected to reach the pickup point within the free wait time provided for that particular ride type e.g., 5 mins for City Ride, beyond which Service Provider is free to cancel the ride and you will be liable for Inconvenience charges. This Inconvenience charge would be collected as part of next ride or at the time of booking the next ride. Please refer to our website www.juuride.com for applicable Inconvenience charge(s).
- You can cancel the ride free of charge up to certain period, beyond which you will be liable to pay the Inconvenience charge(s). Kindly refer to our website www.juuride.com for details in regards to this and all other applicable Inconvenience charges.
- We do not track the route taken by Service Provider, it is responsibility of you to track the route taken by the Service Provider through the facility provided in the App and will be responsible for raising alarm in case of deviation.
- JUU Ride provides an option, within the App, for you to allow the Service Provider to take a different route than the one that is pre-set. You will be solely responsible in case the same is used and you agree to pay the actual ride charge based on the ride distance and ride time calculated by the JUU Ride and any additional charges charged by Service Provider. JUU Ride will not accept any complaints regarding the same.
- You can terminate/ end a ride at any point in case of a vehicle being driven rashly/ any actions by driver of vehicle that may put the safety and security of the passenger(s) at risk. In case of such termination, Service Provider will be entitled to collect the amount due to them for providing rides up to that point.
- You can also terminate/ stop a ride at any point, for any other reason/s not mentioned in the point 21 supra. In such cases if the actual ride distance is less than the estimated ride distance, then Service Provider may charge up to the estimated ride distance to compensate for their loss of revenue.
- You are expected to treat the Service Provider/ Driver courteously and not to undertake any actions that threaten the safety and security of Service Provider/ Driver. In case of complaints regarding the same, JUU Ride reserves the right to block you from using the platform without any notice.
- You or person for whom you have booked the services through your account are expected to use the vehicle with care and not to damage/ dirty the vehicle before the ride, during the ride or after the ride. In case of damage/ dirtying of the vehicle beyond the normal wear and tear, Provider has the right to charge extra as repair/ cleaning charges. You agree to pay such charges.
- JUU Ride does not designate any portion of your payment towards the transportation service booked through JUU Ride App as a tip or gratuity to the Service Provider. You understand and agree that, while you are free to provide additional payment as a gratuity to any Service Provider who provides you with services through JUU Ride, you are under no obligation to do so. Gratuities are voluntary.
- You agree to pay the final invoice amount immediately after receiving the service (completion of ride). Estimated charges shown at the time of confirmation of order is based on the estimated ride distance and ride time, at the time of your booking and on the rate card provided by the Service Provider. The final invoice will be based on the actual ride distance and actual ride time. Hence there could be differences between final invoice amount and initial estimates.
- You will be liable to pay the applicable GST amount over and above the ride charge to Service Provider, if the rate card indicates GST as extra.
- You agree to pay the additional charges levied by the Service provider. The Service Provider has ability to charge certain other charges in addition to the charges shown in the rate card. The same will be displayed to you in the invoice screen of the JUU Ride App. In case you do not agree to pay those additional charges levied, then you have to settle the same with the Service Provider directly. JUU Ride does not have any role in fixing and charging these additional charges and hence will not be party to any disputes in relation to these.
- You agree to pay the invoice amount directly to the Driver on reaching the destination in case of cash mode of payment.
- In case of any disputes in relation to the ride charges that are fixed and/ or received by the Service Providers directly, you will pursue the same directly with the Service Provider. JUU Ride does not have any role in fixing and charging ride charges and being only a platform, JUU Ride will not be party to any disputes in relation to these.
- In case of electronic mode of payment through the JUU Ride App, you agree to pay the ride charges using the Third-Party Payment Gateway provided by JUU Ride. You will be liable to pay any charges charged by the Payment Gateway Service Providers and any additional processing charges that may be charged by JUU Ride from time to time.
- You agree to pay through the Service Provider of the next ride or to JUU Ride any outstanding payments (ride charges/ penal charges) without protest. You must raise any such disputes only with JUU Ride by raising the service ticket using the JUU Ride App. JUU Ride will do its best to resolve the disputes.
- You agree to pay the Inconvenience charge(s) and/ or Penalty charge(s) as set out by JUU Ride from time to time. Latest information on penaltie(s) and other applicable Inconvenience charge(s) could be found in our website www.juuride.com.
- JUU Ride retains the right to charge any other additional charge(s)/ penalty(ies) that could be the result of your behaviour or for any other extremities not mentioned under any of the headings in this End User Agreement.
- JUU Ride will use reasonable efforts to inform you of charges that may be applicable to you and you will be responsible to pay such charge(s) incurred under your Account, regardless of your awareness of such charge(s) or the amount(s) thereof charged and payable by you.
- If you disagree on the charge(s) charged or believe these are charged wrongly then,
- You will raise the complaint to us through the JUU Ride App, then a complaint ticket number will be given as reference to you.
- JUU Ride will address the complaint ticket and resolve the issue in 3 working days.
- If the issue(s) in the complaint ticket is found correct then, the said disputed charge(s) will be refunded into your JUU Ride Account only, as credit.
- You agree for receiving the refund into your JUU Ride Account. We are not in a position to refund the money to you in cash or through electronic payment as we do not hold your bank account details. This amount in the JUU Ride Account will get automatically adjusted against your next ride(s).
- In case of disputes in relation to any charge(s) including Inconvenience Charge(s) and/ or any other penal charges and/ or compensation(s), the findings of the JUU Ride will be final.
- You agree to abide by the Compensation fixed by JUU Ride and mentioned in “Table of Cancellation, Compensation & Refund” on our website. Please refer to our website www.juuride.com for the details of the circumstances, reasons, and/ or kinds of compensation, under which you will be eligible for compensation and the compensation amount.
E.g., In certain unfortunate instances, the Service Provider may have to cancel the ride which may cause hardship to you. JUU Ride will provide compensation on behalf of Service Provider in those circumstances and will collect the same from Service Provider.
- You agree to pay-back the compensation, in case, if we receive a complaint from the Service Provider with regard to any fees and charge(s) charged and collected, in relation to a ride accepted by you to receive or received by you and after addressing such complaints, JUU Ride finds it correct and appropriate. Such wrongly paid amount will be recovered from you during subsequent ride or during the subsequent ride request. The findings of the JUU Ride will be final.
- JUU Ride may from time to time provide different users with different promotional offers and/ or subscriptions and/ or discounts that may result in different amounts charged for the same or similar services obtained through the JUU Ride, and you agree that, If the same is not made available to you, shall have no bearing on your use of the JUU Ride services or the charges applied to you.
- You agree to provide star rating for a Service Provider after receiving the service.
- You agree for Service Providers to provide star rating for you after a ride and the average star rating so obtained will be shown to the Service Providers when you request a ride through the JUU Ride.
- You agree to use the JUU Ride services only for lawful purposes and you shall comply with all applicable laws when using the JUU Ride services. e.g., no transport of unlawful or hazardous materials.
- In case of any kind of penalty or penalties from any law enforcement authority(ies), resulting from any of action(s) or non-action(s) or both, from you or passenger(s), shall be payable by you in its entirety.
E.g., over loading, length of goods in excess of permitted length for the vehicle, number of passengers in excess of permitted number of passengers for the vehicle etc.
- You agree to receive calls from JUU Ride in relation to the service.
- You authorize JUU Ride on your behalf to contact the emergency contact number in case of emergencies, by SMS or Voice call.
- JUU Ride will send you promotional offers, in case you have opted to receive offers through SMS or Email. In case you want to opt out from the same, kindly edit your profile settings by logging into the JUU Ride App.
- You are responsible for obtaining the data network access necessary to use the JUU Ride services. Your mobile network’s data and messaging rates and fees will apply if you access or use the Services from a wireless-enabled device and you shall be responsible for such charges and fees.
- You are responsible for acquiring and updating compatible hardware or devices necessary to access and use the Services and Applications and any updates thereto.
- You confirm that the information provided during registration, and at any time of cross verification by JUU Ride, is true and accurate to the best of the knowledge. In case any information provided is found to be not true, company reserves the right to terminate or block the Guest, from using the platform without any notice.
- You agree that JUU Ride is not liable in case of You, i.e., Guest and/ or passenger(s), catching any infectious disease(s) while receiving the ride service from Service Provider using JUU Ride.
- You agree that JUU Ride is not liable in case the Service Provider from whom you have received the service or booked for receiving service, causes Bodily Harm/ injuries to Guest or Passenger(s), Steals/ Robs the Guest or Passenger(s).
- You agree that, JUU Ride Platform also uses certain Third-Party services like telecom companies, google maps etc. Hence JUU Ride shall not be liable in case of any losses/ damages caused due to non-working/ not proper working of the same, whose control are not in the hands of JUU Ride.
- You agree that JUU Ride shall not be liable for delays or failure in performance resulting from causes beyond JUU Ride’s reasonable control.
- You agree that JUU Ride is a platform which works on iOS and Android based mobile phones. Hence your access to the JUU Ride using these iOS and Android based mobile phone devices is subject to Terms and Conditions set forth there in, by them who are Third Party and are not bound by this agreement.
- You agree that JUU Ride is only a platform for you to request for passenger or goods transportation service and hence JUU Ride is not liable for any loss incurred by you for what so ever reason(s) and/ or action(s) from any person(s). Even then in no event, JUU Ride’s total liability to you in connection with the services for all damages, losses and causes of action, shall exceed Five Thousand INR (₹5000).
VI. Promotional Scheme / Offers
JUU Ride may, in JUU Ride’s sole discretion, create promotional schemes or offers. These schemes or offers may be identified through Promotional Codes (Promo Codes), that could be redeemed to your Account, as credit only, subject to additional Terms and Conditions that JUU Ride may establish on a, per Promotional Code basis.
These Promo Code(s) must be used by you for the intended purpose, and in a lawful manner.
You agree that with regard to Promo Codes:
- JUU Ride reserves the right to discontinue, without any reason(s) given, any Promo Code(s) offered, without any prior notice or intimation.
- JUU Ride reserves all the rights and unless expressly permitted by JUU Ride, any Promo Code(s) offered, shall not be duplicated, sold or transferred in any manner, or made available to the general public (whether posted to a public form or otherwise).
- JUU Ride reserves the right to deduct credits obtained through the use of Promo Codes for the purpose of balancing the outstanding due from you.
- JUU Ride reserves the right to withhold or deduct credits or other features or benefits obtained through the use of Promo Codes in the event that JUU Ride determines or believes that the use or redemption of the Promo Code was in error, fraudulent, illegal or in violation of the applicable Promo Code’s Terms and Conditions or the Terms and Conditions mentioned here in, in this End User Agreement.
VII. User Content
JUU Ride may, in JUU Ride’s sole discretion, permit you from time to time to submit, upload, publish or otherwise make available to JUU Ride through the Services which may be in the form of textual or audio and/ or visual content and information, including commentary and feedback related to the JUU Ride services and/ or initiation of support requests and/ or submission of entries for competitions and promotions (“User Content”). Any User Content provided by you remains your property. However, by providing User Content to JUU Ride, you grant JUU Ride a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferrable and royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, modify, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform and otherwise exploit in any manner such User Content in all formats and distribution channels now known or hereafter devised and established (including in connection with the Services and Agnibhu’s business and on Third Party sites and services), without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity.
You represent and warrant that:
- You are the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases necessary to grant JUU Ride the license to the User Content as set forth above; and you shall be responsible or liable for anything that is contrary, leading to any infringements and violations.
- Neither the User Content nor your submission, uploading, publishing or otherwise making available of such User Content nor JUU Ride’s use of the User Content as permitted herein will infringe, misappropriate or violate a Third Party’s intellectual property or proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law(s) or regulation(s).
- You agree, not to provide User Content that is defamatory, libelous, hateful, violent, obscene, pornographic, unlawful, or otherwise offensive, as determined by JUU Ride in its sole discretion, whether or not such material may be protected by law.
- You agree that JUU Ride may, but shall not be obligated to, review or monitor, or keep/ remove User Content provided by you and such review or monitor, keep or removal of the User Content so provided by you is and will be limited and shall not include in any kind of infringements and/ or violations of any concerned applicable law(s). You shall be responsible and liable for any such infringements and violations as already explained at point 1 and 2 of this clause.
- JUU Ride reserves the right to keep/ remove User Content provided by you, at any time and for any reason, without prior notice or intimation to you.
VIII. Disclaimers, Limitation of Liability & Indemnity
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” JUU RIDE DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, NOT EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN ADDITION, AGNIBHU MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTEE REGARDING THE RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES REQUESTED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
- Agnibhu is only the platform provider for the Service Providers to render their service to Guests (Customers). Service Providers are solely responsible for fulfilling the rides. Hence JUU Ride does not Guarantee the Availability, Quality, Suitability, Safety or Ability of Service Providers. JUU Ride does not guarantee that the expectation of the Guest would be fully met. In case of deficiency in service/ poor quality of service, JUU Ride will not be liable.
- Agnibhu does not recommend any Service Provider(s) or Agency(ies).
- Agnibhu does not guarantee that the Services, or any portion thereof, will function on any particular hardware or devices. In addition, the Services may be subject to malfunctions and delays inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications.
- Agnibhu is only the platform provider for the Service Providers to render their service to Guests (Customers). Agnibhu, has no role in fixing of the fare/ charges for the ride. Service Providers are solely responsible for fixing of the rates and charges applicable during the ride. JUU Ride is only a facilitator in bringing the quotes from the Service Providers and presenting the same to Customer/ Guest. Service Providers are solely responsible for adhering to the government set fare rules. JUU Ride is not responsible in any way for the adherence of the Service Providers to the fare rules and other government regulations. Agnibhu is not obligated either to the Service Provider or to the Guest with regard to the quotes given by the Service Provider, its acceptance of one of those quotes by the Guest.
- The SOS facility provided by the JUU Ride in the App depends on the availability of the mobile network/ telephony network, responsiveness of the local law enforcement agencies which are beyond the control of JUU Ride and hence JUU Ride does not guarantee the availability/ speed of response.
- Service Provider will solely be liable for any injury/ damages caused to you in case of accidents and JUU Ride will not be liable for any of the loss, damage or injury.
- Service Providers (Drivers) are only users of the platform and are not employees/ contractors of Agnibhu and hence the company cannot guarantee on taking actions on the Service Providers in cases of complaint(s)/ sexual harassment/ improper behaviour. In the event of such complaint(s), Agnibhu will do its best to help you, by doing the appropriate need which is within its limits and may/ shall remove such Service Provider from the platform.
- JUU Ride will endeavour on best efforts basis for the Service Provider to honour the acceptance of the quote and ride. In case of any kind of default by the Service Provider, JUU Ride will make best effort to compensate the Guest. Please refer to “Table of Cancellation, Compensation & Refund” on our website.
- The Service Provider’s star rating, the standard measure used to show the overall quality of service of the Service Provider, shown is based on the average of star rating provided by the earlier users of the Service Provider’s service. Agnibhu has no role to quantify the quality of the Service Provider and the same is done by you and other users.
- JUU Ride does not guarantee that route determined is the best possible one, as the best possible route for the ride is determined using Third Party applications/ services.
- JUU Ride cannot guarantee for the accuracy of the estimated ride distance and ride time. There could be differences between actual ride distance and ride time and estimated ride distance and ride time. The estimated ride distance and ride time shown during the ride request phase, is generated using a Third-Party software.
- JUU Ride does not guarantee that the computed ride distance is accurate as JUU Ride uses your mobile phone GPS technology and Third-Party software to compute the ride distance.
YOU AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, AND ANY SERVICE REQUESTED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH BUT, AND NOT INCLUDED ABOVE, REMAINS SOLELY WITH YOU, UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
JUU RIDE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RELATED TO, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF JUU RIDE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. JUU RIDE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LIABILITY OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF:
- YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICES OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; OR
- ANY TRANSACTION OR RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND THE SERVICE PROVIDER, EVEN IF JUU RIDE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
JUU RIDE IS ONLY A PLATFORM FOR THE SERVICE PROVIDERS TO RENDER THEIR SERVICE TO GUESTS (CUSTOMERS). AS SUCH ANY LIABILITY OF JUU RIDE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT, AS MENTIONED AND ACCEPTED IN THIS AGREEMENT AND TABLE OF CANCELLATION, COMPENSATION & REFUND.
JUU RIDE IS ONLY A PLATFORM FOR THE SERVICE PROVIDERS TO RENDER THEIR SERVICE TO GUESTS (CUSTOMERS). SERVICE PROVIDERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR FIXING OF THE RATES AND CHARGES APPLICABLE DURING THE RIDE AND FULL-FILLING THE RIDE. JUU RIDE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ANY DEFICIENCY IN SERVICE OR NON-ADHERENCE OF THE SERVICE PROVIDER TO THE GOVERNMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS.
THE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER IN THIS SECTION DO NOT PURPORT TO LIMIT LIABILITY OR ALTER YOUR RIGHTS AS A USER THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL JUU RIDE’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED FIVE THOUSAND INR (₹5000).
FORCE MAJURE: NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAYS OR FAILURES IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING FROM ACTS BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR OR TERRORISM, SHORTAGE OF SUPPLY, BREAKDOWNS OR MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS OR MALFUNCTION OF COMPUTER FACILITIES, OR LOSS OF DATA DUE TO POWER FAILURES OR MECHANICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH INFORMATION STORAGE OR RETRIEVAL SYSTEMS, LABOUR SHORTAGE, CIVIL UNREST OR EPIDEMICS/ PANDEMICS. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN THE EVENT OF SUCH AN OCCURRENCE, EACH PARTY AGREES TO MAKE A GOOD FAITH EFFORT TO PERFORM ITS OBLIGATIONS.
You agree to indemnify and hold Agnibhu and its officers, directors, employees and agents, good and harmless from any and all claims, demands, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with:
- Your use of the Service(s) or Good(s) obtained through your use of the JUU Ride Services;
- Your breach or violation of any of these Terms and Conditions
- Agnibhu’s use of your User Content; or
- Your violation of the rights of any third party, including Third Party Service Providers.
IX. Other Provisions
- Third Party Services and Content
- Claims of Copyright Infringement
Claims of copyright infringement should be sent to Agnibhu’s registered address at:
Agnibhu Technologies Private Limited, Khatha No 29/29, Subramanya Nilaya, Behind Irani Bunglow, Hassan 573201.
- Third Party Beneficiaries
JUU Ride Platform works on both iOS and Android based mobile phones, hence they and/ or their applicable international subsidiaries and affiliates will be Third Party beneficiaries to this contract. These third-party beneficiaries are not parties to this contract and are not responsible for the provision or support of the JUU Ride services in any manner. Your access to the JUU Ride using these devices is subject to terms and conditions set forth in the applicable Third-Party beneficiary’s terms of service and/ or policy.
JUU Ride may give notice by means of a general notice on the Services, electronic mail to your email address in your Account.
You may give notice to Agnibhu by written communication to Agnibhu’s address Khatha No 29/29, Subramanya Nilaya, Behind Irani Bunglow, Hassan 573201.
You cannot assign or transfer these Terms in whole or in part without Agnibhu’s prior written approval. You give your approval to Agnibhu for it to assign or transfer these Terms in whole or in part, including to:
- Subsidiary or affiliate
- Acquirer of Agnibhu’s equity, business or assets; or
- Successor by merger
No joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between you, Agnibhu or any Third-Party Service Provider as a result of the contract between you and Agnibhu or use of the Services.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, under any law, such provision or part thereof shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of the End User Agreement but the legality, validity and enforceability of the other provisions in the End User Agreement shall not be affected. In that event, the parties shall replace the illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision or part thereof with a provision or part thereof that is legal, valid and enforceable and that has, to the greatest extent possible, a similar effect as the illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision or part thereof, given the contents and purpose of the End User Agreement.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties with respect to its subject matter and replaces and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or undertakings regarding such subject matter.
Subject to your compliance with the End User Agreement, Agnibhu grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, revocable, non-transferable license to:
- Access and use the Applications on your personal device solely in connection with your use of the JUU Ride services; and
- Access and use any content, information and related materials that may be made available through JUU Ride, in each case solely for your personal commercial use.
The Services and all rights therein are and shall remain as Agnibhu’s property or the property of Agnibhu’s licensors. Neither these Terms and Conditions nor your use of JUU Ride Platform, convey or grant to you any rights
- In or related to the Services except for the limited license granted above; or
- To use in any manner Agnibhu’s and/ or those of Agnibhu’s licensor(s), company name(s), logo(s), product(s) and service name(s), trademark(s) or service mark(s).
ANY RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED HEREIN ARE RESERVED BY AGNIBHU AND AGNIBHU&RSQUO;S LICENSORS.
XI. Governing Law and Arbitration
Except as otherwise set forth in the End User Agreement, these Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any dispute, conflict, claim or controversy arising out of or broadly in connection with or relating to the Services or these Terms and Condition, including those relating to its validity, its construction or its enforceability (any “Dispute”) shall be first mandatorily worked to resolve through mediation proceedings between parties in terms of the Indian law. If such Dispute has not been settled within sixty (60) days after a request for mediation has been submitted under the Indian laws, such Dispute can be referred to and shall be exclusively and finally resolved by arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (“Act”). The Dispute shall be resolved by one (1) arbitrator to be appointed by Agnibhu, in accordance with the Act. The place of both mediation and arbitration shall be at Hassan, Karnataka, India. The language of the mediation and/ or arbitration shall be English, unless you do not speak English, in which case the mediation and/ or arbitration shall be conducted in both English and Hindi, our national language. The existence and content of the mediation and arbitration proceedings, including documents and briefs submitted by the parties, any correspondence from the mediator, and correspondence, orders and awards issued by the sole arbitrator, shall remain strictly confidential and shall not be disclosed to any Third Party without the express written consent from the other party unless:
- The disclosure to the Third Party is reasonably required in the context of conducting the mediation or arbitration proceedings; and in such case the Third Party agrees and accepts, unconditionally in writing, to be bound by the confidentiality obligation stipulated herein.